Select, but returning binary data. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From M. Bastin
Subject Select, but returning binary data.
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all,

I can't figure out how to issue a select statement that will return
binary data instead of textual data.  (pgSQL backend message "B"
instead of "D".)

I'm also having some trouble finding documentation about "function
calls", and what their use is.  Is their anyone out there using that
animal, or is everyone happily using functions in regular queries?
If someone could direct me to some sample function call statements,
and their result...

Thanks,

Marc